Monday, February 7, 2011

Bedroom Before & After...

We've been givin' our master bedroom a little TLC lately. It all started with this yummy Anthropologie bedding I purchased in Chicago before we moved. It looks fabulous and feels even more fabulous but was just a little bland for my taste. I found this gorgeous deep robins egg blue quilt at Target and put it under the comforter for a layered look. It breaks up that sea of beige and was just the perfect shade I was searching for. Anything too light would have gotten lost with the beige. I love Euro shams but for me, they are kind of difficult to work with.
While unpacking, I found my body pillow I had used for many of my pregnancies. It just so happened to be the perfect size pillow I needed for the bed. I had my very talented friend make a slipcover for it in this gorgeous vintage Hollywood Regency pattern. It just so happens to be the same shade as the quilt. And now I think my favorite burlap Mr. & Mrs. pillows stand out even more!


We are still looking for that "perfect" chandelier but just wanted to share with you the ceiling. I had it painted in my custom mix of robins egg blue paint that I have used for years. Why mess with something that is so great, right? It is so dreamy...I'm not really a taupe kinda gal, but my friend picked out this gorgeous shade of taupe for me that matches our curtains that my friend made so very well. I could not have picked it out myself. It has just the right amount of gray in it that I love so much.



I'm not much of a photographer like my awesome sis in law is, but wanted to give you an idea of what the curtains look like. The room has 5 of these panels. The fabric is a vintage cream and taupe with robins egg blue birds. And yes, my hubby actually loves it! It is very flea market meets Anthropologie.....just what I was going for.




This is just a small corner of the sitting room. I have some grand plans on vintage built-ins in here but this will have to wait for a while. First things first!!!



Happy Decorating!!
xoxo
tia



11 comments:

  1. Everything looks so pretty and fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks FAB!!!! LOVE the beddings with the REB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love it!! Especially the 2 pillows...Mr. and Mrs. ! Where did you find those?
    Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals! I'm liking the way it is turning out so far. Cathy, my friend over at funkyshique on Etsy made them for me. She is awesome and has done a lot of custom things for me.

    tia

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL!! Mine is robin egg blue with black/white... it was just NOT enough, so I'm adding orange! and I soooooooo need a chandelier too!
    xoxo
    cm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I <3 this Bedroom...I found Crimson Clover from Shanty Chic...LOVE, LOVE your jewelry...what are the names of the paint colors you used?

    Thanks!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful paint colors. Please share the custom mix for the robins egg blue & wall color in the master bedroom. Would love to use the colors in the bedroom my grandchildren use when they visit. ~~~ Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you email the custom color mix? Yours is the best tint I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to always read your blogs. I love them. Are you also searching for philosophy of nursing? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great content.This is authentic. Are you also searching for Professional Roles and Values? we are the best solution for you. We are best known for delivering the best

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails