Saturday, August 14, 2010

Silhouette Art

You know how you have people in your life that you just "click" with? I am so blessed to have MANY. And one in particular is my cousin and best friend in the whole world, Kiki. She is an amazing mother, friend, artist, and decorator. Our styles work so well together. I was so fortunate to have her help me with my new home in Chicago 3 years ago and looking forward to getting her design eye in my newest home in Virginia in a few weeks. We have so much fun talking decor together. Her talent is shining through with these beautiful handpainted silhouettes! Look at what she did for me below! She handpainted my 5 children and they are just precious. I am in L♥VE with them! Since we are moving in a couple of weeks, I didn't want to put anymore nails in the wall, so I hung the canvases in our master bedroom with the 3M Command picture hanging strips. These things are genius. I love how the canvases pop against my pale Tiffany blue walls. My office space in the new house has a gorgeous fireplace and I'm thinking these will have to take center stage above the mantle. Not sure what the wall color will be yet, but I know these beautiful works of art will look fab against just about anything.
Ok, so I just had to throw this picture in because I thought it was too cute. You can see my daughter, Paige in the mirror dancing around wearing her Minnie Mouse ears as I'm trying to capture the right angle.


Kiki is also in the middle of a move herself but if you are interested in contacting her to purchase your own hand painted silhouette, just click HERE. You'll be glad you did!
xoxo,
tia & andrea

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is precious!! I love a cluster of them like how you did..it looks amazing!! Don't forget to link up to my party at Frou Frou Decor every Friday!! Hope to see you there!!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails