Thursday, December 10, 2009

For the love of burlap...

Decorating with burlap has become one of my newest favorite accessories. I just love it! Janae and I love the simplicity of it, it's texture and the natural color and element it brings to a room. I would cover my entire house in burlap if my husband would let me! I wanted to share with y'all some ways I have brought burlap into my decor.



These banners were found on Etsy from one of the sweetest sellers ever! I'm addicted to them. My newest one is this WINTER one that is covered in silver glitter! I love the shiny glitter on a backdrop of the casual, natural burlap fabric. You can find them here and tell her that Tia sent you!




I keep this one up all year round!




This iron stand was a steal that Janae and I found at the Sandwich Antique Market. I'm not sure what it once was, but I just had to have it for $4! The antique market was closing down and I spotted it as we were leaving. I think it was destined for the dumpster and I feel like I rescued it and brought it back to life! It held a pumpkin during the fall and now it holds a wreath with one of my favorite Wendy Addison German glass glitter wall hangings that spells out W-I-S-H. And the big burlap bow is the finishing touch.









So I'm loving the burlap bows and I'm not even a bow kind of gal. This one was added to the top of my vintage bird cage. I love how the burlap ribbon drapes around the cage.





These vintage spools of thread needed something to kind of pull them all together so what did I use? Burlap, of course! Now they don't look like a hot mess of thread just laying on a table. The scrap burlap ribbon unifies them.



And lastly, I had to add one of my more recent purchases from one of mine and Janae's favorite catalog.....Ballard Designs! The entire catalog is eye candy. When I saw this burlap tablecloth I knew it had to find its way into dining room. It's casual but elegant at the same time. Ok ok ok....I know I need to iron it, but I couldn't wait to get it on my table! And with 5 kids, who has time to iron anyway?





thanks for visiting!!
xoxo,
tia










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails